11.12.08

The Smallest Feeling

I'm still searching
for the smallest feeling
a sensation I lost somewhere
though now, I can't seem to remember
when I had it last or where it lived before
it didn't live anywhere

my hunt is like a grandmother
in that its fingers are curved
and they search
tracing something in thick air

raised as though about to speak
but hesitating
returning to my side
struck dumb so suddenly
like a Father
when for once you're honest
and he's frightened

I remember finding the smallest feeling
only once when I bit my cheek
or was it my tongue
and the blood all flowed to the end
and I felt it then,
the swollen pink sweetheart between my teeth
"found you"

But it doesn't work like that anymore
all my sweethearts just say "be mine"
"i'm yours"
and I say, "no, thanks."
no matter how hard I try to catch it
before it gets out.

This is how rumors get started.



This Week's Theme is:
2 0 0 8:
A _______ Odyssey


No comments: